Oak Forest is a deed restricted
Membership Dues are voluntary
but Deed Restrictions are not! It takes $$ to enforce. Please join today!
The Power of Volunteering
Volunteers help make our community a better place to live. Here are four powerful reasons to volunteer:
- Have a meaningful, positive impact on your community
- Provide an opportunity for learning or developing new skills
- Provide an opportunity for being a part of your community
- Provide an opportunity for meeting a diverse range of people
The Role of Section Leader
Section Leaders are members of the OFHA Community Relations
Committee. They represent the neighbors from their respective sections and are a liaison to the OFHA. Section Leaders can expect to spend approximately 4-6 hours per month, including the scheduled
monthly OFHA meeting. There are many benefits to serving as a section leader:
- Know your neighbors! Get on friendly terms with your section; hold section meetings / online chats / pot-luck
gatherings, etc. to get to know your neighbors.
- Work with the Community Relations Chairperson to meet objectives of the Committee and OFHA.
- Be the eyes and ears in your respective Section while keeping the neighbors informed of OFHA Activities.
- Act as liaison to the OFHA for your neighbors by:
(a) identifying and bringing issues to the attention of the OFHA.
(b) representing those neighbors who are unable to attend the OFHA meetings.
- Work with the OFHA to educate all residents about the Security Program (currently contracted to SEAL) and to
increase membership in the program.
- Disseminate information to neighbors in respective sections as needed to keep neighbors informed and updated:
(a) be quick to address any misinformation about the OFHA and Oak Forest in general
(b) place the OFHA Monthly Meeting Signs at various high traffic areas in your Section the
morning of the meeting and remove them after the meeting. Locations for
be determined by the Section Leaders.
- Work with the OFHA to increase membership in all sections.
- Work with the OFHA to promote planned Social Events throughout the year; encourage your neighbors to volunteer and
be an active participant in planned events.
- Work with the OFHA to promote Town Hall meetings scheduled throughout the year.
- Promote National Night Out in all Sections; encourage neighbors to participate.
- Meet and Greet new neighbors moving into your section; deliver Welcome Packets to all newcomers
in your Section.
If you are interested in serving as a Section Leader, please contact Brenda Estis.